Some people will try to game the system by signing up with multiple emails from the same IP address/computer or use fake emails. Manual Fraud Prevention solves that issue! When turned On, every suspicious lead and suspicious referral will have to be manually approved or disapproved by you (the campaign owner).
When Manual Fraud Prevention is Turned OFF (Default):
Leads that our systems consider fraudulent will be listed on the "Fraud Detection" page. However, these leads will still be able to unlock rewards, receive emails, get more points etc. As the campaign owner, you can easily see who our systems marked as suspicious and decide what action to take (e.g. delete / blacklist etc). This is how UpViral has been working so far.
- All suspicious leads get automatically Approved
- All suspicious leads go automatically to your Leads list
- All suspicious leads receive email notifications automatically.
- All suspicious leads get send to your Autoresponder (if integrated).
- You have the option to blacklist them or delete them.
When Manual Fraud Prevention is Turned ON:
Leads that our systems consider fraudulent will be de-activated by default. This means that they won't get any email, they won't be able to unlock rewards, etc. The campaign owner can see all these fraudulent leads and manually approve them as they see fit.
- All suspicious leads go under the "Not yet moderated" tab in Fraud Detection.
- No suspicious leads go automatically to your leads list.
- No suspicious leads receive email notifications automatically.
- No suspicious leads get send to your Autoresponder automatically.
- Only once you Manually Approve the suspicious leads they will get added to your Leads list, start receiving emails and get sent to your autoresponder
How to enable Manual Fraud Prevention
In order to enable Manual Fraud Prevention go to Setup -> Advanced Settings -> Manual Fraud prevention.
How to Approve leads that were listed as Suspicious
When MFP is turned one, you have to manually "Approve" leads in order to activate them. To do that go to Fraud Detection -> Not yet moderated tab. There you will see a list of the suspicious leads (and suspicious referrals) that need to be manually approved by you. There you have the options to:
- Approve selected leads - this will only approve the leads you select (you can select one or more leads)
- Approve selected leads and sub-leads - this will approve the leads you select along with any suspicious referrals that came from those leads.
- Blacklist selected leads by email
- By IP address
- By IP address and email
When leads are Approved manually, the UpViral system will take a bit to process those leads before approving them and sending them to your autoresponder/CRM. You will see a "Processing" tab in the meantime.
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)