When using UpViral you have the option to integrate it into your own websites or 3rd party tools.
Below we'll guide you through how to set this up exactly.
- Please note that in order for UpViral to work, your audience will need to enter their email address in the UpViral form first.
- In other words, in order to integrate UpViral into your website, you'll need to add an opt-in form (where your visitors can enter their email address in). Only after entering their email address, the UpViral integration will work.
Follow these steps:
Step 1 - Create a new UpViral campaign by clicking on "Create New Campaign" at the top of your dashboard. Enter the campaign name and click Create:
Step 2 - You can head straight to the Design Template section so you can pick an embeddable widget. (You can always go back to the Campaign section to setup your Incentives and Points later on.)
Step 3 - After selecting a widget-type campaign, it's time to set-up your Lead Capture and Social Share widgets. Let's say that by now, you're done creating them.
Step 4 - On the 'Installation' section of your campaign, you can add the URLs of your Campaign and Share page:
Note: You can add multiple links as well if you would like to show the viral widget on multiple pages. Once you've added your first link, click on the plus sign to add your 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc) link. You'll have the option to use these links for split-testing.
- When split-testing is enabled for a certain link, subscribers to your campaign will randomly see any of your thank-you pages that have this enabled. By doing this, we can keep track which thank-you page will perform best (e.g. gets people to share the most).
- When split-testing is disabled we will not send any visitors that way after they registered. This is handy if you would like to show the widget on other places besides the initial thank-you page.
Step 5 - To integrate your campaign into your existing tools, go to the HTML Form tab:
Step 6 - Copy this code, and paste it to the bottom of your pages (just before the </body> tag). This means it needs to be added on your opt-in page:
In case you chose to embed your campaign, you will see this on your Installation page as well. Copy-paste this code into your thank-you page. Where you put that code into your page, is also the location where the UpViral widget will be shown.
Finally, you'll need to add this code into your website:
This is a form code, which will add an email opt-in form to your website.
Please note that your audience needs to enter their email address into this form in order for the widgets to appear.
There are multiple ways you could do this:
- You could copy-paste this code right into your website, in case you want to use our opt-in form as-is.
- In case you already have a tool that collects email addresses (e.g. a plugin or other 3rd party tool), you can add the HTML form code into that tool - so that you can keep on using your existing opt-in forms. Your tool will then submit your audiences' email addresses into UpViral.
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)