When using UpViral you have the option to integrate it into your own website or third-party tools.
Below we'll guide you through how to set this up exactly.
- Please note that in order for UpViral to work, your audience will need to enter their email address in an UpViral form whether it's through our widget or through an HTML form.
- If you're using your own form then you'll be installing UpViral using the HTML form codes; whereas if you're using our form and embedding it on your page then you'll be installing UpViral as a widget on your page.
(Note: feel free to skip steps 1-4 if your campaign is already launched and you have an opt-in and share design created.)
Step 1 - Make sure you create an UpViral campaign first by clicking on "Create New Campaign" at the top of your dashboard.
Step 2 - You can head straight to the Design Pages section so you can create an opt-in and share widget design first (it's important that you have these two created before installing UpViral into your own website or else you wouldn't be able to launch the campaign).
Step 3 - When editing either your opt-in page or share page templates, make sure you click on the third button (widget view) at the topmost portion of the page so that you can see how the UpViral widget looks like in widget view.
(Note: for HTML form setups, you don't necessarily need to design your opt-in form since you'll be using your own page's form which usually already has its own design; you just need to make sure the fields on UpViral are similar to the fields you have on your page's form. So if you have a phone field on your page's form, make sure you also have a phone field for example on your UpViral form. For other setups such as a standard embedded widget, popup widget, or popover widget, the design you create on the opt-in form would be the design that will be shown on your live page).
Step 4 - After making sure you have opt-in and share designs created, you can now launch your campaign by clicking on the Launch Campaign buttons.
Step 5 - Installation
First, click on the "Edit" icon on the "Referral Traffic" tab once you're on the Publish tab of your campaign.
This will then bring you to the next page:
- The first step is to add your website where you want to embed the opt-in widget
- Step two is where you select the opt-in settings:
- Standard - if you want to embed UpViral as a widget directly displayed on your website
- Pop-up - if you want to use a text/button before the UpViral widget is displayed as a pop-up on your website
- Popover - if you want to use a popover button before the UpViral widget is displayed on the corner of your website
- HTML form - if you already have an existing form with name and email fields (usually for ClickFunnels setups or setups where you're using your own autoresponder form design on a page)
The third step is the Share widget settings where you have two options whether you want the share widget to show on the same page as your opt-in widget or you can redirect it to the other page of your third-party tool used. If you choose to redirect it to a different page then you need to add the page URL of where you want the share widget to show after they have signed up. Besides the step 2 options, you will also see the Preview of your Share widget as shown below:
Finally, the fourth step will show you what codes you need to copy and paste into your website's editor. If you're not sure how to add codes to your specific webpage, you may need to contact your web host.
The codes displayed in this final step also vary per widget type that you chose, sometimes this just shows 1-2 codes (ex. Standard embedded widget, Pop-up, and Popover setups) but sometimes it shows 3 codes (ex. HTML form setups), so be sure to copy all of the codes in their respective places depending on the widget type you choose.
Copy Code 1 on the body of your lead capture page
Copy Code 2 on the header/footer of your lead capture page (if you have pages in between your lead capture and thank you page, you can paste this on those pages as well)
Copy Code 3 (share widget) on your share/thank you page
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)