This guide provides the step-by-step process of integrating your campaign with ThriveLeads.
After going through this guide you will be able to:
Create Optin / Lead Page in ThriveLeads
Create Thank You page in ThriveLeads
Integrate Lead and Thank You page with UpViral Referral System
Integrate your autoresponder with UpViral
Prior to starting, review the guide below that shows the step by step process on initial steps of creating campaigns for integration:
How to create a campaign that can be embedded as a widget in my site?
CREATE AN OPTIN PAGE
Now, this is the process where we will start creating a Lead or Opt-in page in ThriveLeads. The Lead Page will be the opt-in or entry point into the giveaway. People will sign up for the giveaway via this page.
When the participants enter their information and signup for the giveaway, they will be directed to a thank you page, which acknowledges their participation and motivates them to share the giveaway with their friends and circles to increase their chances of winning.
Let us start with the opt-in page. Here are the steps:
Login to your WordPress Site Dashboard and click Thrive Dashboard.
From the Thrive Dashboard menu, go to Thrive Leads.
From the Thrive Leads page, click the blue ADD NEW button just beside the Lead Shortcodes menu.
Give a name for the Lead shortcode. In this case, let us name it as UV Integration Optin Test. Click ADD LEAD SHORTCODE button.
Click the CREATE FORM.
Name the form. In this case, we will name it as UV Integration Optin Form Test.
Click on CREATE FORM.
Click the blue pen (Edit Design) button to edit the form.
Choose any Opt-in templates. In this case, we will be using Shortcode Set 024. Scroll down and click Choose template to select the form.
From the form to be designed, click the Opt-in element and click Connect with Service button.
Click Create a new Connection.
Under Step 1: Choose Connection Type, select HTML Form Code, and click Go to the next step.
Go to your Upviral campaigns Publish page > Embed Campaign > Installation then copy Code 1 as shown below and Add the following HTML form code into the ‹body› tag of your lead to the box under Step 2: Insert HTML code.
Label the fields, preferably, the same name as the Field Properties.
Click Save Changes.
Click the HTML button, the one that says </>.
Click Save Changes again to apply changes.
From this point, you have set up your option form through the ThriveLeads plug-in of WordPress.
CREATE A THANK YOU PAGE
Now, this is the process where we will start creating Thank you page in ThriveLeads. The Thank You page will also serve as the share widget or element.
Here are the steps on creating your Thank You page:
- From the Thrive Dashboard menu, go to Thrive Leads.
- From the Thrive Leads page, click the blue ADD NEW button beside the Lead Shortcodes menu.
- Give a name for the Lead shortcode. In this case, let us name it as UV Integration Thank You Test. Click ADD LEAD SHORTCODE button.
- Click Edit.
- Click the CREATE FORM.
- Name the form. In this case, we will name it as UV Integration Thank You Form Test.
- Click on CREATE FORM.
- Click the blue Pen (Edit Design) button to edit the form.
- Choose any Opt-in templates. In this case, we will be using Shortcode Set 023. Scroll down and click Choose template to select the form.
- From the form, delete the Click-to-Action button. Hover over the CTA button and click the red (X) to delete.
- Drag a </> Customer HTML element under Thrive Leads Settings to where the opt-in form and CTA button was deleted
- Click </> Insert Custom HTML button and Insert Custom HTML into the Page box should appear.
- Go back to your Upviral campaigns Publish page > Embed Campaign > Installation then copy code 2 as shown below and Add the following code where you want your share widget to appear and paste to the Insert Custom HTML into the Page from ThriveLeads WordPress page.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Save Changes” at the top.
Go back to the Thrive Leads Dashboard and take note of the Thrive Leads ID. Place on a notepad and note if it’s the Optin page or the Thank You page
SETTING THE OPT-IN AND THANK YOU PAGE UP ON WORDPRESS
- Go back to the WordPress menu.
- From the WordPress menu, hover over to the Pages menu and click All Pages.
- We will now be adding the Opt-in page. Click the “Add New” button from the “Pages” menu.
- Under Add New Page, name the page (ThriveLeads Test Page in this case) and paste the ThriveLeads code as taken from the ThriveLeads dashboard you have just taken note of.
- Click Publish.
- Take note of the Permalink as this serves as the Opt-in Page’s URL.
- Click on Add New again. This time we will be adding the Thank You page.
- Under Add New Page, name the page (ThriveLeads Thank You, Test Page, in this case) and paste the ThriveLeads code for the Thank You page as taken from the ThriveLeads dashboard you have just taken note of.
- Click Publish.
- Take note of the Permalink as this time, it will serve as the Thank You page’s URL.
COMPLETING THE INTEGRATION:
Click on the "Embed campaign" button once you're on the Publish tab of your campaign.
Then click "+ Embed campaign on your Website".
Enter your Website URL where you want to Embed your Opt-in Widget.
Select HTML-Form to Integrate Thriveleads with Upviral
Choose whether you want the widget to load on the same page or redirect to another page after opting in. If choosing the latter, copy and paste the URL of the page where you want the widget to redirect to (usually your thank you/share page URL)STEP 6:
Then, the Installation page will show you what codes you need to copy and paste into your website's editor. If you're not sure how to add codes to your specific webpage, you may need to contact your WebHost. The codes displayed in this final step also vary per widget type that you chose, sometimes this just shows 1-2 codes (ex. Standard embedded widget, Pop-up, and Popover setups) but sometimes it shows 3 codes (ex. HTML form setups), so be sure to copy all of the codes in their respective places depending on the widget type you choose.
Click the "Test Embedding" button to review and check if the Widget has been successfully embedded or not. If the code detection test failed, try to remove and re-install the code to your pages.
When the test is successful, click the "Save" button at the bottom right side of the page. Then choose where you want referral traffic to go. Usually, this is the same URL as your opt-in page if you want the loop of opt-in-share-opt-in to continue as people refer their friends back to the page they signed up from.
If you want to use UpViral's page for the opt-in, then choose the first option. If you have your own opt-in page on your website, choose the second option and paste the URL of your opt-in page on the field.
Test your campaign by accessing your own website then register for your campaign. If your name and email address is added to your campaign's lead page, you have successfully integrated your Upviral campaign into your own website.
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)