To create separate First Name and Last Name fields, follow the steps below:
Create the Custom Fields on your Lead Capture Page
- First, go to your campaign's editor by clicking on "Design Template" on the campaign you wish to edit
- Hit "Edit Template" on the lead capture page of your campaign.
- Once inside the editor, click on your opt-in form.
- On the right-hand sidebar, scroll down to see the fields for your form. From here, you can create a new custom field by clicking on the +Add custom field button and disable the default Name field.
Here's a quick video tutorial on how to create custom fields:
(Optional) Map the First Name & Last Name Fields to your Autoresponder
Note: if you're not using an autoresponder, there's no need to map the custom fields.
Once you've created a First Name & Last Name field on your lead capture page and disabled the default name field appropriately, you can then map these fields to your autoresponder's custom fields by following the steps below:
- On your autoresponder, first make sure that you have First Name and Last Name fields created and make sure you've already integrated your autoresponder to UpViral.
- Back to your campaign's setup, go to the Autoresponder tab.
- Under Map Custom Fields, you'll now be able to enable the First Name & Last Name fields you created from the editor and map them accordingly to the First Name & Last Name fields of your autoresponder. (You will not be able to disable the default Name field from here, but don't worry because this was already disabled on your lead capture form and replaced with the First Name and Last Name fields).
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)