GIFThere are various reasons why a lead's information isn't being sent over to your autoresponder. Check the following below depending on the scenario you're experiencing:
SCENARIO A: Leads are not being collected in UpViral and not getting transferred to the autoresponder
When you don't see any leads in your "Leads" tab of UpViral, then no leads will get transferred to your autoresponder as well.
In this scenario, the error may be with the signup form itself. Make sure you check that:
- You have both a lead capture and share page/widget created on UpViral. Both of these must be created for the campaign to work and collect lead information.
- If you're using UpViral as a widget/HTML form, check if the codes you copied are correct and are placed in the right pages
SCENARIO B: Leads are being collected in UpViral but not getting transferred to the autoresponder
If the leads do appear in your "Leads" tab but aren't getting sent to your autoresponder, you may need to do and check a few things:
- Check the field types you've set on your autoresponder to see if they match the fields you're looking to send over. For example, if you have a "invite link" field on your autoresponder for you to collect the participant's personal invite link from UpViral, make sure it's set as a text/string field on your autoresponder so that it accepts the data being sent over.
- Check if you have any required fields on your autoresponder. If you have any required fields and you have not created those fields on UpViral, then the data will not get sent over. You must first make sure to either create those required fields on your UpViral campaign or remove them from being required on your autoresponder's end.
For example, let's say you have email, name, Invite Link, Phone Number, and address as fields in your autoresponder. If "address" is required but you did not create an address field in your UpViral form, then your lead information will not pass through.
- Double check the information you used while integrating the autoresponder under the "Autoresponder" tab of the Settings page. It's possible there was an error with the API key, URL, username, password, etc.
- If you're sure the information is correct, delete the autoresponder, regenerate a new API key from your autoresponder, and then add it back again like this GIF.
If after checking all the above, you're still not getting the leads in your autoresponder, feel free to send over a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org containing all the relevant information about the issue.
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)